tenant

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 1755 times)

Offline akgoatlady

Re: Welcome!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 06:06:51 PM »
Does anyone make homemade non-alcoholic drinks like root beer?  We haven't been able to afford 'soda pop' for quite a while now, just wondering if homemade would be cheaper.  I can still taste the yeasty root beer we made when I was a kid (about 50 years ago).  Does anyone use regular baking yeast?

TIA,

Judy in Alaska

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:35:02 AM »
Welcome to our newest Back40Forum!  I have been making homemade beer and wine for over 23 years.  I started with kits and concentrates but now use all fresh and natural ingredients (mostly from our farm).  If you are just getting started you will be amazed at what you can make Spirits out of!  If you noticed, I capitalized Spirits.  That's because since olden times beers and wines have been considered spiritual in nature.  In fact, I have a book in my library titled Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation by Stephen Buhner.  Beer and wine are actually medicinal when made correctly and not pasteurized or filtered.
     Well, we will cover this subject in more detail at another time.  Right now, I am going to kick things off by making our first posting, a timely recipe for Elderflower wine.   And another thing:  Don't be a stranger.  register and share your posts.  We will all be glad you did ;)

Herman Beck-Chenoweth
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:05:15 AM by CatManDo »