Author Topic: The December 2012 Circle of Nations Newsletter by John Two-Hawks  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Little Feather

• Administrator
  • Home on the Nest
    • Back 40 Books, Poultry Photos
The December 2012 Circle of Nations Newsletter by John Two-Hawks
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 06:40:38 AM »

John Two Hawks & Wife Peggy

Hau kola na tiyospaye (Hello friends & extended family),

Welcome to all new Circle members!  Each section of the Circle of Nations newsletter is written 'facing' one of the four sacred winds, beginning with the east, then the south, west and finally the north.  This is to honor the old ways.  It is to teach and to help us to focus and find the center.  I welcome you all to the Circle....

EAST - Wiyohinyanpata - Yellow (Four Winds)
I believe....
JTH and SantaYes...  it's true.  I believe.  I believe in magic.  I believe in the impossible.  I believe in dreams.  And, yes, I believe in Santa!  Pragmatic realists will tell you there is no such thing as Santa.  They will tell you that such things are not real.  They will also tell you that miracles aren't real, hopes aren't real, and dreams aren't real.  They will tell you to stop believing in your dreams and get 'realistic'.  These sad souls are the thieves of hope, and not only will they tell you that reindeer cannot fly, they will tell you that you cannot fly.  And so it is that I choose to believe, and hope with all my heart that you will too.  For it is through the power of unfaltering faith that the impossible becomes possible, that the unattainable is attained, and that dreams become reality.  As you spend this special season of faith with loved ones and welcome the new year, may you recommit yourself to believing.  Drown out the voices of the naysayers with songs of hope, that you may find the courage to leap into your dreams with an inextinguishable fire of faith and resolve.  This life goes quick, like the flash of a firefly at night.  Do not waste another moment listening to anyone who says there is no such thing as Santa!  For if that was really true, why then is Santa known by billions around the world??  Rise up and capture your dreams, find your purpose and realize your life passion.  Believe....  Believe....  Believe....

SOUTH - Itokagata - Red (Red Earth)
A word from Peggy....
My aerobic health tips for the holidays...JTH and Peggy
Move quickly to forgive
Move slowly to anger
Stoop to look a child in the eye
Stretch to give abundantly
Breath in gratitude
Breath out stress
Bend your heart
Open your arms to receive
Step up to the challenge
Laugh until it hurts
Eat Drink and BE Merry

Merry Christmas ~ Happy New Year

Please consider shopping with us this Christmas season.  We have lowered all our CD prices and shipping prices.
We have the most secure online site and the fastest shipping on the web.  Check out our beautiful NEW Native American made jewelry!
If you are interested in one of our premier custom flutes or would like to purchase a retreat please call us toll free at 888-790-9091

Christmas and December concert schedule is as follows:
Dec 15th  JTH 9th Annual Christmas Concert - The AUD, Eureka Springs AR
Dec 31st  JTH New Year's Eve Concert - Victory Theater (Rogers Little Theater), Rogers AR

NEW:  Master Class on Native Flute with John Two-Hawks

Check out our Events page for more concert details.
Also check out the incredible 'Heaven and Nature Sing' Christmas CD, and the NEW design for the 'Peace on Earth' Christmas CD at Back40Books.com:  http://www.back40books.com/d/1357/john-two-hawks.htm

The Official JTH Site  ~  Native Circle

WEST - Wiyohpeyata - Black or Blue (We are STILL Here!)
Heal the world with your gifts....
What does it mean to give a gift?  For some, during this season, the meaning of that can get lost.  In traditional Native cultures, the act of giving is considered a basic tenet on how to live this life.  The concept of 'taking' is not a traditional Native way of thought.  'Receiving' is a better term, and yet even receiving is not the focal point.  Giving is.  To give of oneself means that what you give is personal.  The gift is from the giver's heart, and received into the heart of the gifted.  How much a gift costs means nothing.  What matters is the act of giving, as it teaches us to let go.  Giving shows us what it means to lean on Spirit.  It shows us how to think of others before ourselves.  Those who learn the power of real giving possess the ability to change the world, for real giving is grounded and balanced in humility and love.  And humility and love are the two roots of the tree of wisdom.  So give!  Give to those you love.  Give to those in need.  Give of yourself, in ways that have meaning.  And one gift at a time, you and I just might one day heal the world....

NORTH - Waziyata - White  (Words of Wisdom)
As we head toward the end of 2012, I wanted to share a brief thought about all this talk concerning the Mayan calendar and so on.  Let me just say it outright - 2012 will not be the end of the world.  Life will go on, and the earth will still turn and dance around the sun.  The sun will rise and set, as it always has.  And yet, a global shift is upon us.  It has begun even now.  As a whole, humanity is reaching for a higher consciousness.  The journey to that place will not be smooth.  It will be messy and complicated.  And yet, it is a journey we must take, together.  Let us step forward into 2013 and beyond with a great vision for healing and peace.  Let us each find our gift, and give it to the world, that one day the world may heal.  My friends and relatives, 2012 is not the end of the world....   it is only the beginning.

May Wakantanka encircle you and yours with faith to believe, hope for the future, and love for all....     

As always, in the spirit of mending the sacred hoop of the nations of the world
Your Oglala Lakota friend and brother,
John Two-Hawks
Reprinting of this Circle of Nations newsletter is encouraged!  All I ask is that it be printed in its entirety, with no changes, and that I be given proper credit, unless I have otherwise okayed it.  Wopila (great thanks)!

Click on the image below to check out Resources on Native American Spirituality & Lifestyle from Back40Books.com