Author Topic: Circle of Nation's Newsletter for August  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Little Feather

• Administrator
  • Home on the Nest
    • Back 40 Books, Poultry Photos
Re: Recent Circle of Nation's Newsletters
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 05:00:52 AM »
All of the newer posts of the Circle of Nation Newsletter are now being posted each month on the Sacred Tree Fellowship boards located here:

Visit the Back 40 Books Native American Departments by Clicking the image : 

Offline TheOldBuzzard

• Administrator
    • The Old Buzzard's Roost
Circle of Nation's Newsletter for August
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 08:52:09 AM »
Hau kola na tiyospaye (Hello friends & extended family),
 John Two Hawks Music:
 Welcome to all new Circle members! Each section of the Circle of Nations newsletter is written 'facing' one of the four sacred winds, beginning with the east, then the south, west and finally the north. This is to honor the old ways. It is to teach and to help us to focus and find the center. I have designed the Native Circle website in the same spirit. I welcome you all to the Circle....
 EAST - Wiyohinyanpata - Yellow (Four Winds) Beautiful World.... You ever watch the news on TV? Ever notice how the focus is always on the terrible things that happen in our world? The reason for this is that they know we will watch. Human beings are all a bit morbidly curious. And yet, it is a fact that the terrible things we see and read about in the news are real. Yes, it’s true. Bad things happen. There is chaos and destruction on this planet. And people do awful things sometimes. But is the only news bad news? Of course not! There is good and beauty in this world! But how can we think about beauty when there is so much ugliness? How can we think about sunshine when there is so much darkness? My friends, when we find ourselves in the valley of shadows, it can be too easy to fixate on the negative things. But if we cannot raise our eyes higher and seek the light, we may very well miss the path that leads us out of the valley! It is, therefore, our duty to seek beauty... look for goodness... and find hope. For, in doing so, we shine light into the dark places, illuminating the possibilities for a pathway to a better world... a world with less darkness and more light... less hate and more love... less sorrow and more joy... and less ugliness and more beauty. This truly is a beautiful world we live in.... May we seek that beauty, and find it once again.... I hope to see you all somewhere during our 'Beautiful World Tour' in 2012 and 2013....
 SOUTH - Itokagata - Red (Red Earth) A word from Peggy.... I woke up early today with a ton of sticky notes in my brain. I tried to fight them, but they won. So here I am. I had an incredible cup of coffee and cheese Danish for breakfast. Read some inspiration from Wayne Dyer and even got rid of 2 or 3 of those pesky sticky notes. Sun’s up, and I have the opportunity to live another day. Life is sweet, especially when you let yourself enjoy it. We have all kinds of reasons to be mad, sad, disappointed but why not just forget about it and just simply be happy. Life can just be so simple… a smile, a sweet roll and a cup of coffee! Well we have completed our first two concerts of the two-year 'Beautiful World' tour and it was wonderful. Please keep checking our Events Calendar as we add dates continually. Many of you write and say, please come to our town. Well it is simple to bring John to your area! For info on how to do that, just call 888-790-9091 You do not want to miss any of our next three retreats, The Flute Discovery in September, The Mending Medicine in October and The Pathway to Wisdom in November. Register now for a weekend of transformation and inspiration. Also, John is presenting a very special, intimate 'Beautiful World' concert and 'Of Earth and Sky' Seminar in Van Buren, Arkansas on October 6th.
 WEST - Wiyohpeyata - Black or Blue (We are STILL Here!) There is no small thing.... My grandfather taught me that one day after I kicked over an ant hill when I was about 12 years old. He made me sit and watch it for quite some time, and then asked me what I thought about it. That was the day I learned about respecting all of creation, and how important that is to a balanced life. I watch all the time as people who grow up with western thought make the choice to kill something rather than learn to live respectfully with it. You see it everywhere. I was on tour in Michigan recently, and saw a billboard advertising a service to kill bats. Meanwhile, Michigan has one of the worst mosquito overpopulation problems in the United States! But if you don’t like bats, the first answer in western thought is to kill them. The same goes for mice, hornets, ants, spiders, weeds, snakes and on and on it goes. I mean, if we killed everything we considered a ‘pest’, we might end up a bit lonely! Now I am not saying that there are not times when it is necessary to take such action, because there are times when there is no alternative. The problem I see is in the overall mind set. If we can learn to live with some bats flying around, we will end up with far less mosquitos (and other bugs). If we can learn to live with a few snakes around, we will end up with far less mice. In the end, if we can learn to live with creation, instead of against it, we will all end up with a far more balanced world. We will learn to respect all life, and in doing so, we will learn to respect each other. I have always believed that any society or culture that values the life of an ant will raise children who do not see killing as an acceptable option for solving a problem. So let us relearn to respect all living things, and in doing so may find a better balance for our world, and our lives...
NORTH - Waziyata - White (Words of Wisdom) We only have so many breaths.... Try to take as many in awe as you can.... Yes and No.... The most difficult words to know how and when to utter.... Love will always trump being right....
 Native American Department at Back 40
 May Wakantanka encircle you and yours with faith to believe, hope for the future, and love for all....
 As always, in the spirit of mending the sacred hoop of the nations of the world Your Oglala Lakota friend and brother, John Two-Hawks Reprinting of this Circle of Nations newsletter is encouraged! All I ask is that it be printed in its entirety, with no changes, and that I be given proper credit, unless I have otherwise okayed it. Wopila (great thanks)!