tenant

Author Topic: Wildwood Springs Fall Concert Discussion  (Read 903 times)

Offline Little Feather

• Administrator
  • Home on the Nest
    • Back 40 Books, Poultry Photos
Wildwood Springs Fall Concert Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 05:50:24 AM »

Good Evening Everyone...

Well... got lots to talk about here.. so I had better get going...

First of all.. I want to thank everyone for sending in their ideas... I got Hundreds and I still get some everyday... A Lot of really good ideas..

Buddy Guy... Mary Chapin Carpenter... Bela Fleck.. Greg Allman.. Dwight Yoaken... and So many more.. I will get right to Work on 2014.. How can I retire with So much more to do...

I really need about 50 more tickets sold for Three Dog Night this Friday night  (October 4th 2013) if At all possible.. and it will still be a very small crowd.. So if you can.. tell them at Work..Thursday...

"I'm going to Steelville to see Three Dog Night and I'll see you Monday..!!"  Also... some Sat night guest have switched to Friday.. so there are now a Few Sat night tickets avail as well....!!!

Keep on Having Faith in Wildwood...

My Story.. A Moment

There are times in your life that you just want to Quit.. Walk Away.. and Say Goodbye... As I am getting older I am having those Feeling more and more..

The Fall Concert Series and I are not complaining... but it is Stressful on me.. and this past weekend the worst of the worst Happened...

Or did it..??

The Day Started Great... a 4 Mile Hike with Sam.. Had Breakfast... Washed the Car... Went to the Grocery Store...Came over here to the lodge and made sure things were getting ready for the show.. Los Lobos was to be here around 2-2:30ish and All was good.. Took a shower and headed over around 2:30.

I didn't see their Van on the way over.. didn't worry me.. Never really had a Band on Time before anyway.. I saw on my Phone a Voice Message around 3:30.

Now the ones of you that know me well... I never answer my Phone... I can't hear it.. Leon Russell..!!! But I didn't recognize this number and thought I had better listen to the voice mail. Bob.. we have a Issue with Los Lobos...

My heart sank right there and then.... so I called Back and got the Word that there might be trouble.... but not to worry. So we all went forward with the Sch as is...

Miss Paula has 4 kids... and a wonderful Husband Eric.. ( The Chef at the Soda Fountain... Killer Fish Taco's ) Miss Paula has been quietly writing songs for years as her kids were growing up... songs of All types... Love Songs.. Songs of Faith.. Songs of Hope... Nathan the Oldest Child had picked up a guitar at a Young age.. Natalie Marie a Mandolin...

Matter of Fact... that is How they came into my Life... A Good Friend of Mine use to have Bluegrass Picking here in the lobby on Thursday's nights... and I walked through one night and saw Nathan... and thought.. Dishwasher..!!!!

Many years have past since that evening... Nathan and Natalie have grown up to be Young Adults now.. Miss Paula... still writing songs... quietly in her own quiet way..

I am sitting here now at the lodge... It's dark now... and I'm the only one in the building... The Old Lady is keeping me warm...with her love.. She knows I am here..

I hear her voice... On the way over tonight the Sun was sitting.. and I saw something I had never seen before in the Sky... There was a Cloud.. Perfectly Round in a Ring Shape hovering right over the lodge... as if a Halo..

I knew and I know... just what that was about... The Miracle of 2013..

Sat night after Dinner I had to go on Stage and Announce that Los Lobos was not going to be able to play.. due to unforeseen Circumstances..

Nathan and Natalie Marie had formed a Band with 4 other Kids... this past summer.. just to be able to have some fun.. play some Music..

They Call themselves.. Native Runaways.. just kids..

Definition of Music

Music....vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

Nathan had rounded up the Troops...and as I walked off Stage... The Native Runaways... took over...

Here is what we.. All us Old Farts got...

Glen.. Electric Bass... Smooth Rock Style of Wayne Nelson of Little River Band

Natalie Marie... Mandolin... The Beauty and Moves of Allison Krauss

Jacob.. Guitar... Soft Phillip Phillips Sound...

Nathan... Electric Guitar... Blues.. Buddy Guy Style...

John... Saxophone and Keyboards... Kenny G

Jordan...Drums... Ringo Star Beat..

Miss Paula... Vocals.... Songwriter.... Mom...with a Smile

What we got was...

Music...
Music....vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

And Hour and a Half of the Most inspirational...expression of youth... energy... original... Music...

After three Standing Ovations..and 2 encores...

I was standing on the front porch to say Good Night...and One guy came out to tell me...

"I have seen Los Lobos 20 times... I will Never Forget Tonight..."

Those words said it all... Powerful.. Powerful..
A Wildwood Moment...The Miracle of 2013

Love to all...

Bob

Do something Special

Link to Wildwood Springs Concert Schedule:    http://www.wildwoodspringslodge.com/concert13/index.html

Click the image below to visit the Back 40 General Store Music Department: