tenant

Author Topic: Hi from India  (Read 1938 times)

Offline VeeJay

Re: Hi from India
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 02:17:11 AM »
Thnx Herman, I have allready chanced upon back40books by accident and has bought pretty good books on various aspects of farming from the site. Infact ,  I do have the manual & DVD on Free Range poultry production & marketing . Very detailed manual and good video, although I felt the video was too small to cover all aspects of free range poultry farming for a person like me, who has had no farming background. But definitely, it''s though provoking and I guess with some on farm, hands on experience i guess should be able to get some expertise on this regard.

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
Re: Hi from India
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 04:13:17 AM »
Welcome!
I'm sure you will find a lot of information here.   If you don't see the information that you need just ask questions.  You are sure to get responses.  I lot of us here direct market for increased income.  Also be sure to check some of the resources in the "Agriculture/Farming" departments at Back 40 Books. :)
Herman Beck-Chenoweth

Offline VeeJay

Hi from India
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 03:43:27 AM »
Basically, I was trying to get some guidance to learn  the basics of livestock and horticulture farming. I  have intentions  to move into farming as a full time practice , more to do with passion...but definitely looking at a commercial  viability. By joining this group I would  want to learn the techniques(atleast in theoretical terms) of holistic farming  to ensure a balance on all  aspects of  sustainability , which would not only include the soil/water being used for farming but also the people who are invoved on  this process.