Author Topic: MISSOURI COWBOY POETS GATHERING  (Read 3154 times)

Offline MichealT

Re: MISSOURI COWBOY POETS GATHERING
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »
i have heard Baxter Black several times on a radio program called "spirit of the west".
hosted by Hugh McLennan from Beautiful British Columbia, Canada.
Baxter has been featured there lots of times.you know, Hugh's show would be great
here too. he has a horse training file, talks about many different things.
there is a website, but i can't think of the address right now.Hugh has been all over the western states.when i think of the website, i'll let you know.............

Mike.
if it ain't country, it ain't music.

Offline Mom81549

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »
I guess one would not consider Baxter Black exactly a poet, more of a comedian philosopher cowboy?  Anyway, he is both funny and insightful and I would love to hear 5 min clips from him. He has a regular column in several publications. Don't even know if he is as good live as he is in print, but he does speaking engagements, so I'd think he is.

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
Re: Asleep at the Wheel
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 07:15:17 AM »
KWBC has 12 Asleep at the Wheel Songs in our regular playlist.  We also have Riders in the Sky and the Time Jumpers.  We will be adding more as time goes on.
The Old Buzzard

Offline jwd

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:56:55 AM »
If you add western swing, I would strongly vote for Asleep at the Wheel.  What a great group!

Jim

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
MISSOURI COWBOY POETS GATHERING
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 06:12:28 AM »
Every year for the past eleven years to nationally recognized Missouri Cowboy Poets Association has held a show in Mountain View Missouri.  KWBC attended this years show and recorded over 4 hours of great story telling and cowboy music.   The performers came from several states and included several well known veterans of the cowboy circuit including Joe Green of Seymour Texas.  Many of the performers recorded station IDs for us as well.

We are considering adding a regular weekly show featuring cowboy poetry, western and western swing music.  We want to give our listeners a chance to tell us if you are interested in a show an hour or two long and if so when you would be most likely to listen.  We are also planning to make 4 of these shows available as hour long archives accessible upon demand and we would like to know how many folks would rather have that option.  Thanks for your input!