tenant

Author Topic: Listener Accolades from in-Studio E-Mail  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Herman Beck-Chenoweth

• Administrator
    • Back40Books
Re: Listener Accolades from in-Studio E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:35:22 AM »
Title of song: Happiest Girl in the Whole USA
Artists name: Donna Fargo
Your location: Lawrence KS
Your time zone: CST - USA- please allow at least 2 hrs before air time Music Genres:
Traditional Country
Name: Dorothy
Email: *******************
How many folks are listening at your location?: 1
Leave us a note, comment or feedback on how we are doing.: As always you're both doing a fantastic job.  Enjoy the music, and loving to hear new artist with the old fashion country sound.  Thanks for playing the music that you do.

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 02:09:49 AM »
Title of song: Happiest Girl in the Whole USA
Artists name: Donna Fargo
Time to be aired: anytime
Your location: Lawrence Kansas
Your time zone: CST - USA- please allow at least 2 hrs before air time Dedicated to:: Marc (my soul mate) Music Genres:
Traditional Country
Name: Dorothy McAuliffe
Email: damcauliffe
How many folks are listening at your location?: 2

Leave us a note, comment or feedback on how we are doing.: Thanks for playing this song for me.  He's a very special guy that is my soul mate.  Thanks for the wonderful music.  It's kind of funny because the boss has came into my office and told me to quit whistling and/or singing.  It's been a long time since I've listened to the old music I was raised with that I forget I'm not in my kitchen and can sing out loud.  Thanks Donna and Buzzard for such wonderful music that you both play.

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
Hello from S E Australia
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »
Hi there, My name is Ellie and I live in a mining town called Weipa which is situated on the Cape York Peninsula at the top of South East Australia.
I too am addicted to country music and enjoy an eclectic style of all things country ranging from traditional through to modern to gospel and a little bit of hillbilly/rockabilly.
Some of my favourite singers are Jim Reeves, Kenny Rogers, Randy Travis, Smokey Dawson, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Leanne Rimes, plus many, many more.
I have your station playing everyday while I am at work and was devastated when you went offline, but so glad to hear all is well with you all. I particularly like listening to monologues, love the one you're playing now - Bill Anderson another favourite.

Take care
Ellie
:)

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 03:09:45 AM »
howdy y'all, i am Mike. i am addicted to country music. :) that and milk. Grin i don't drink,don't smoke, and i never take drugs, not even the presription kind.some of my favorites artists are wynnstewart, roger miller, billy yates, jack greene,little jimmy dickens, marty stewart, marty robbins, vernon oxford, vern gosdin, louvin brothers, stanley brothers, willis brothers, bob wills,arron watson, moot davis, danni leigh, heather myles, sunny sweeney, becky hobbs, amber digby, kenneth brian,george jones and strait, hank thompson, hank locklin, hank williams,porter wagoner, floyd tillman, mel tillis, webb, lefty, freddy hart, patsy cline, loretta lynn.
there is more but i'm drawin' a blank, it's 4:30 in the a.m.
time for bed. nite y'all.....
Mike (from Canada) :D

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
Listener Accolades from in-Studio E-Mail
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 07:42:07 AM »
Hello from Jefferson City Missouri:
I just found all this neat places and things from the recent story in the electric coop mag.  KWBC is now on my puter every time I log on.  Great sound!

saw

Hi Folks,
                 Have just found your station on my PC, what great music you are playing.
We are great Country and Western music lovers and play it all the time in our home.
We have some great Dvd's of Country Concerts as well as our CD colection.
Have put KWBC in our favourites file so as to listen each time we turn on the PC.
If its possible we would love one of the music KWBC stickers.
                Thanks for the great music, you now have two more far away listeners.

George & Margie Allen
                                         Cornwall  PL24 2BY
                                         United Kingdom

Request:
Title of song: Hot Dog Heart
> Artists name: Billy Ed Wheeler
> Time to be aired: anytime
> Your location: Russell, PA
> Your time zone: EST - USA-
> Music Genres: Traditional Country
> Bluegrass
> Western
>  Leave us a note, comment or feedback on how we are doing.: What a breath
> of fresh air! Your station is a pure joy to listen to.

Subject: re-request
I would like a request for my wife Madonna Curran. Paper Rosie by Gene Watson sounds good. I am listening to your show online in Brookeborough, Co.Fermanagh, Northern Ireland and enjoying it very much.Good mix of music.  Thanks. God Bless. Joe Curran.

Title of song: The haircut song
> Artists name: Ray Stevens
> Time to be aired: As soon as possible
> Your location: Stockholm Sweden
> Dedicated to:: xxxxx xxxxxx, North Haven, CT. He has just lost his job
> and needs some support from a good and old friend.
Music Genres:   Traditional Country
> Name: Peter Salomonsson
> Leave us a note, comment or feedback on how we are doing.:
   I have at last found a station which gives me a lot of comfort when I am sitting  in front
> of my PC and working. I switch you on every time I sit down and write on my
> PC and I ENJOY your music very  much. Keep on  doing  a good job!

To: donna@kwbc.fm
Subject: Great MUSIC!!!!!

Hello Donna,

Great songs on your radio web!!!!, I have lived in Wilmington,North Carolina all my life 40th years. I went to a singing at a church here in Wilmington few weeks ago .The MacDonald Family Singers  , www.macdonaldfamilysingers.com ,GREAT FAMILY SINGING!!!!!!

Their SONGS are FREE !!!!!

Take Care & GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!

Ricky Meeks

Hi Donna,

Just wanted to say Iím a listener (over the computer) from the Pittsburgh, PA area.  I grew up in the mountains of Western Maryland, and am so glad I found this site.  (In fact, Iím  listening  right now).  I grew up on country music, but local country stations play only the new stuff.  Nothing wrong with it, but I sure like to hear the oldies too.  Keep up the great work and I look forward to many hours of great listening!

Ken from PA, aka Pymatuning
Subject: Re: Sam's Place request
 Have to say, KWBC is the best station I've listened to in many years.
 Everything is just great! Don't believe it could ever get better!

---- "requests@KWBC.FM" <redgreeneatkwbc@gmail.com> wrote:
 Ken:
 Commin' atcha next 10 minutes.  Thanks for being our listener!

The Old Buzzard
 Program Director
 KWBC.fm Internet Radio
Title of song: Slowly
Artists name: Webb Pierce
Your location: McAllen, Texas
 Music Genres:
Traditional Country
Name: Lee  Baucum

Leave us a note, comment or feedback on how we are doing.: Thanks for playing There Stands the Glass; by Webb Pierce.  I figured it would be easier to find Johnny Bush's version, since it is more recent.

Webb Pierce's song, Slowly, is a very significant song for us pedal steel guitar players.  This song is considered the first recording of the use of pedals on a steel guitar.  The pedals stretch and pull certain strings, bending and changing the pitch of the notes.

Lee
Title of song: Waltz Across Texas
Artists name: Ernest Tub
Your location: Williston, FL
Your time zone: CST - USA-
Music Genres: Traditional Country bluegrass, Gospel
Name: Mary Lou Harrell

Just have to take the time right now and let you know what a great and wonderful station you all are.  I am a new senior citizen and love to oil paint, so I always, always turn on to you all.  You  are such a breath of fresh (old) air to us country fans here in FLA.  Thanks for being here for us!!  Keep the great work up!!
Title of song: Thunder Road
Artists name: Robert Mitchum
Your location: Brockport, NY
Music Fans Music Genres: Traditional Country Bluegrass Western
Name: Bill

Best blend of music I've ever heard on the radio!

Title of song: distant drums
Artists name: jim reeves
Time to be aired: 11.oogmt 15 feb
Your location: united kingdom
Your time zone: GMT
Dedicated to:: GILLIAN
Music Genres:
Traditional Country
Western
Gospel
Name: RICHARD GIBBONS GIBBONS
Email:
THANKS FOR THE GREAT ENTERTAINMENT AND THE FAST RESPONSE TO MY REQUEST. YOU ARE THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL
                                                                               RICHARD
Good Morning Miss Donna,

If you should get and read, I'm writing to you from LeHigh Acres,Fl.  about 17 miles East of Ft.Myers,Fl.  You said it was a little Nippy this morn  (22 degrees F)? I checked you out on weatherundrground. and for us here,Yes that is cold. For us Fri. night and Saturday it's going to go down to the mid 40's  To us that's COLD.

Now we wish you to know how we Enjoy listening to Ya'll 7-days a week

Have a Great One.
Kurt

Click to Listen:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:04:03 AM by CatManDo »