Author Topic: John Two-Hawks Circle of Nations Newsletter for May  (Read 1184 times)

Offline CatManDo

• Administrator
    • Back 40 General Store
John Two-Hawks Circle of Nations Newsletter for May
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »
Hau kola na tiyospaye (Hello friends & extended family),

Welcome to all new Circle members!  Each section of the Circle of Nations newsletter is written 'facing' one of the four sacred winds, beginning with the east, then the south, west and finally the north.  This is to honor the old ways.  It is to teach and to help us to focus and find the center.  I have designed the Native Circle website in the same spirit.  I welcome you all to the Circle....

EAST - Wiyohinyanpata - Yellow (Four Winds)
Sacred ground....  Mato Tipi - Bear Lodge (“devil’s tower”)....  Paha Sapa (Black Hills)....  Mato He - Bear Butte....  These are just some of the sacred places I have been humbled to sit and pray with.  There is a silent power in these places.  Something is different there.  Wakantanka has swirled the wind and touched the earth in such a way in these places that the presence of Spirit is unmistakable, and quiet reflection and prayer is almost a given.  The places I speak of above are well known by many.  Yet there are countless others which are far less recognized, but no less sacred.  One such place exists on my land near my home in the ancient Ozark mountains.  A great circle of stones encircles this sacred place, which we call our medicine garden.  Whenever I spend time there, I am drawn into a powerful stillness that breathes peace into my spirit.  I cannot be there and not feel the power of Creator in fullness.  The other day I sat there in silence and felt the love of Spirit pour over me, drawing me into that sacred space where meditative quiet whispers wisdom into the stillness of the soul.  What a gift it is to be the caretaker of such a place.  To tend to it, care for it and honor it.  I go and sit there as often as I can, and every time I do, without exception, I walk away better for having done so.  Wherever your sacred place or space is, go there alone.  Tell no one.  Reveal your soul to Spirit.  Enter the stillness and embrace the peace of meditation and prayer.  Hehaka Sapa - Black Elk once said ‘The Holy Land is everywhere’.  Yes indeed, it is....

I humbly invite you to make my new music meditation album a part of your sacred journey....
New ‘The Wind of My Soul’ CD

SOUTH - Itokagata - Red (Red Earth)
A word from Peggy....

You know what I love?  I love when people quit coming to our retreats and start practicing and living out the healing they receive from the teaching!  Quit exercising and start living.  Quit dieting and start enjoying food.  Instead of practicing being in the moment, just be.  Remember, this is not the rehearsal... this is it!

Great news!  We have a NEW CD by John Two-Hawks!  It is called ‘The Wind of My Soul’, and is a Self-Guided Music Meditation album.  Also great for massage and yoga!  Get it now at the limited time PRE-Release price.  Makes a great gift!  Get the New CD HERE.

(ALSO: All our CD prices and Shipping and Handling costs have all been reduced at both sites for both our U.S. and International Customers.)

The Mother’s Day Concert with John Two-Hawks is only a week away!  Sunday, May 13th at 2:00pm at The AUD in Eureka Springs.  All Moms get in FREE.  Get your discounted Mother’s Day Concert Tickets HERE.

Also, there are not many Limited Edition 2012 John Two-Hawks Signature ‘Star People’ Flutes left.  If you were thinking of getting one for yourself or a loved one, don't wait.  You can see and hear this phenomenal flute HERE.

Thanks to you all for your love and support.  We cannot do this without you!  Have a beautiful summer and we look forward to seeing you all at concerts and retreats this year!

John Two Hawks Music at Back 40's Music Department:

WEST - Wiyohpeyata - Black or Blue (We are STILL Here!)
Change....  We go through so much of it in this life.  Then why is it still so difficult for us when change comes?  I believe the difficulty we have with change is quite normal.  Simply put, we cannot see what lies around the bend.  When the caterpillar curls up into a cocoon it cannot know what it is about to become.  It cannot conceive that it is about to be transformed, to grow wings, and fly.  It is the same for us.  Change is that powerful place where two roads meet, where one ends and the other begins.  We are creatures that like comfort, familiarity and habit.  So when that which we are comfortable and familiar with begins to go away and change into something else, it is easy for us to be afraid, angry and unsure of our future.  Know this, there is one thing in this life that is guaranteed - change will come.  Nothing stays the same.  So when change does come, let go of control.  Curl up into the cocoon of prayer and faith in Spirit and allow your transformation to come.  And when it is complete, find your new wings, spread them wide, and fly....

NORTH - Waziyata - White  (Words of Wisdom)
Some thoughts from my meditations....

No matter how good and kind we are, there will always be those who do not like us....

Never underestimate the power of kindness....

Some trees grow quickly, and some grow slowly....  We are the same....

Blessings are like the wind, we do not know from where they will come....

Visit the ABORIGINAL Skills Department at

May Wakantanka encircle you and yours with faith to believe, hope for the future, and love for all....    

As always, in the spirit of mending the sacred hoop of the nations of the world
Your Oglala Lakota friend and brother,
John Two-Hawks

Reprinting of this Circle of Nations newsletter is encouraged!  All I ask is that it be printed in its entirety, with no changes, and that I be given proper credit, unless I have otherwise okayed it.  Wopila (great thanks)!