Author Topic: John Two-Hawks Circle of Nations newsletter for October  (Read 1364 times)

Offline TheOldBuzzard

• Administrator
    • The Old Buzzard's Roost
John Two-Hawks Circle of Nations newsletter for October
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »
Hau kola na tiyospaye (Hello friends & extended family),

Welcome to all new Circle members!  Each section of the Circle of Nations newsletter is written 'facing' one of the four sacred winds, beginning with the east, then the south, west and finally the north.  This is to honor the old ways.  It is to teach and to help us to focus and find the center.  I have designed the Native Circle website in the same spirit.  I welcome you all to the Circle....

EAST - Wiyohinyanpata - Yellow (Four Winds)
My friends....  As I sit here this evening reaching into the winds for the words of my heart, my thoughts are centered on what is about to unfold in these ancient mountains.  My thoughts are a prayer for the many souls whose rivers of life are bringing them here to intersect with the waters of my path.  Together, we are a mighty current.... a powerful wave that swells to wash away the hurt, and soothe the wailing cry of a broken, burning heart....  As many become one voice, the song of all that is real, all that is honest, and all that is love will rise up like a great phoenix with wings of fire and eyes of lightning.... and the cleansing will come.... the rushing gale will sweep away the old dry bones.... and a new day will arise within.... a new day for me.... a new day for you.... a new day for all....  And so as my mind, body and soul prepare for the coming of The World Drum to our 10th Annual Mending Medicine Retreat, my spirit quietly waits.... My spirit quietly waits.......

SOUTH - Itokagata - Red (Red Earth)

Change, not a word we are all too crazy about.  Most of us prefer the familiar.  But like it or not change will come.  I am watching Mother Nature teach me that lesson these past few days.   Sometimes we are able to prepare for change and sometimes it just reaches out and our lives change in an instant.   I think back at my life just ten years ago and it is certainly not the same life.  If I look back 20 years ago, I hardly recognize that life.  So, I have this moment in this day and also the total knowledge that things will not stay the same.   People come into our lives and they pass out of our lives.  Our life may be just a place for generations to pass through.  Our dreams most certainly will change the world.  One act of love will ripple thru eternity.  So if things just aren’t going too well for you right now… not to worry, that will change.
Love like crazy, give till it hurts and hope to the end!

Do not miss the Mending Medicine Retreat and World Drum Celebration
Oct 21st-23rd Eureka Springs AR

Listen to John Two Hawks Music on the jukebox at Back40Books.com's Music Department:

WEST - Wiyohpeyata - Black or Blue (We are STILL Here!)
In the old way of Lakota spiritual customs, it was not a happy thing to dream of the Wakinyan Tanka (Thunder Beings).  For, to dream of them means a road of great challenge for the dreamer.... a backwards road where the things that are supposed to go first, come last, and the things that are supposed to hurt become the root of joy.  It is not easy to walk this road, thus it is not sought after.  It is a path littered with disappointments and failures.  It is a road where flowers and rainbows die, and rose colored glasses turn gray.  It is a path where the deep roots of authenticity leave no room for the shallow and artificial.  As I look out my window tonight, the Wakinyan Tanka Oyate (Thunder Being People) are flashing their power at me, and shaking the earth.  I look to them, and feel their strength rumble within.  Deep scars.  Incalculable loss.  Oceans of tears.  Vast emptiness.  Pain, suffering, sacrifice, heartache, struggle and failure.  Oh Wakinyan Tanka.... what gifts you give....  Wopila (great thanks) Wakinyan Tanka....  Wopila, wopila, wopila.......

NORTH - Waziyata - White  (Words of Wisdom)
Four things that I know without question, are truth....

True friends know the fabric of your heart....

Forgiveness and pride cannot coexist....

Rainbows do not happen without rain....

Kindness is not an act, it is a way of life....

May Wakantanka encircle you and yours with faith to believe, hope for the future, and love for all....     

As always, in the spirit of mending the sacred hoop of the nations of the world
Your Oglala Lakota friend and brother,
John Two-Hawks

Native American books and music at Back40Books.com: