Author Topic: Homemade Toothpaste Recipe  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Little Feather

• Administrator
  • Home on the Nest
    • Back 40 Books, Poultry Photos
Homemade Toothpaste Recipe
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 05:54:00 AM »
Homemade Toothpaste Recipe

This homemade toothpaste recipe is 100% natural, perfectly edible, and full of the minerals your teeth need to re-build enamel and maintain healthy teeth and gums.

Itís a long-held belief among conventional dentistry that you canít regrow tooth enamel or heal cavities. But studies done by holistic dental care providers prove otherwise.

When combined with a diet rich in the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and K-2 and devoid of mineral-stealing anti-nutrients, a homemade toothpaste recipe like this one can transform your dental health.

Why a homemade toothpaste recipe?

By making a homemade toothpaste recipe, you can leave out the fluoride and glycerin and instead pack your homemade toothpaste with the minerals your tooth enamel needs.

Homemade Toothpaste Recipe:

I got most of my ingredients from VitaCost  ( http://www.vitacost.com/ ). Theyíre quickly becoming one of my favorite places to shop online because they offer all the top, most trusted brands for vitamins, supplements, and whole foods, but at discount prices.

1/2 c. bentonite clay (where to buy bentonite clay powder)
    3 Tbsp. xylitol powder (where to buy xylitol)
    4 Tbsp. coconut oil, warmed to liquid
    20 drops cinnamon essential oil
    20 drops clove essential oil
    30 drops Concentrace trace minerals
    3 Tbsp. water

Homemade Toothpaste Recipe: The How-To

Thankfully, I have a stainless steel blade on my food processor, so I have no qualms using my food processor to make this homemade toothpaste recipe.

Bentonite clay can act like a magnet attracting positively charged heavy metals from your utensils, so you only want it to come into contact with a truly stable metal like stainless steel (which is used to mine the clay).

1. Place all dry ingredients in the food processor and pulse until well mixed.

2. In a liquid measuring cup, mix coconut oil, essential oils, trace minerals, and water.

3. Slowly pour the liquids into your food processor while continuing to pulse. Mix until smooth.

4. Remove homemade toothpaste from food processor and store in a glass jar with a lid. This keeps rather well in a medicine cabinet, although with time the exposure to air may dry it out. If it starts drying out before youíve had the chance to use it, just mix in a bit more water.

Click to Visit the Back 40 General Store Herb Department: